Senior Director, Program Management
At Kestrel our aspiration is to invent brilliant technologies and develop novel small molecule agents for cancer targets of exceptional scientific and clinical import, beginning with mutant RAS. Our reliance is on the rigorous application of innovative science in the service of the discovery of new medicines for people with cancer. Our priority is patients, always.
Kestrel is an oncology biotech start-up in its early stages of growth, having been in operation since January of 2022. We have excellent funding and, having moved into our new laboratory space in early 2023, are in the process of expanding our team.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to lead our Program Management function. The candidate should be a self-motivated and influential leader with a strong record of accomplishment in oncology Program Management. Proven ability to effectively build and manage a Program Management function is required as is the ability to excel in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
The successful candidate will assume the role of Senior Director, Program Management and will report directly to the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO).
- Construct program oversight, coordination, and management of the company’s programs to achieve corporate goals.
- Collaborate with senior management, functional directors, and managers to develop timelines and budgets to assure integration of project, company, and functional goals towards achieving project milestones and timetables.
- Lead data-driven decision-making in order to make solid, objective recommendations for continuation, acceleration, reprioritization, redesign, or termination of projects.
- Apply best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects, and to interact with all program stakeholders to ensure alignment and efficient execution on program goals, timelines, and resources required.
- Organize framework and activities to support discovery, preclinical studies, IND Submission and clinical studies by integrating preclinical, CMC, clinical, regulatory and partnering aspects into overall project plans.
- Coordinate and develop strategic plans and annual project budgets. Review budgeting planning with CFO, CSO, and team leaders to ensure alignment with program planning goals.
- Oversee project management efforts for strategic programs and projects, initiate program planning meetings to ensure accountability to plans, and notify management about adherence and failures to adhere to program projections.
- Provide direct input into the development of management processes, critical path issues/solutions, resource management, and project management from conception through development cycle.
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with team members.
- Other responsibilities include recording meeting minutes, tracking action items, preparing meeting agendas, coordinating global and sub-team activities, and disseminating project information.
- Hire and manage additional project management roles as needed during the development of the company pipeline.
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Requires BS/MS, PhD, MD preferred in life sciences, MBA degree is preferred and a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment. A background in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medical or Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs is important and demonstrated experience managing interdisciplinary teams is required.
- Proven experience managing projects in program management across preclinical, clinical, and regulatory operations.
- Demonstrated leadership in team settings with strong analytical skills and entrepreneurial drive.
- Ability to be effective and personable while working in a highly productive team environment and within high-pressure deadline-oriented situations.
- Experience with preparing and filing IND applications and managing program development up to and including NDA filing.
- Skills in persuasion, negotiation and team building are essential. Experience with electronic document management systems a plus. Total fluency with standard computer software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Smartsheet, Gantt Charts, etc.)
Kestrel Therapeutics offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401k plan.
Kestrel Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Fill out the form below and we will contact you.