Principal Scientist, Biology
At Kestrel our aspiration is to invent brilliant technologies and develop novel small molecule agents for cancer targets of exceptional scientific and clinical import, beginning with mutant RAS. Our reliance is on the rigorous application of innovative science in the service of the discovery of new medicines for people with cancer. Our priority is patients, always.
Kestrel is an oncology biotech start-up in its early stages of growth, having been in operation since January of 2022. We have excellent funding and, having moved into our new laboratory space in early 2023, are in the process of expanding our team.
We are seeking an innovative and motivated cell / molecular biologist to join our growing early Biology team. The successful candidate will lead in vitro and in vivo activities to identify and evaluate target dependency hypotheses, help identify preclinical models representative of target patient populations, and validate small molecule leads.
The successful candidate will assume the role of Principal Scientist, Biology and will report to the Director, Biology.
- Serve as the Biology lead on a team passionate about developing small molecule modulators of clinically validated targets
- Develop and validate cell-based models, evaluate candidate small molecules, and support our drug discovery efforts
- Evaluate drug mechanism of action and response / resistance in clinically-relevant models
- Design, execute, and analyze in vivo pharmacology studies, utilizing PK/PD and efficacy data to drive lead optimization and support DC nomination
- Prepare regulatory reports for filings and external scientific presentations
- Manage internal research activities and external CROs to drive our projects
Experience & Qualifications
- Ph.D. with post-doctoral training in genetics / cell / molecular biology or related field
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in biotech / pharmaceutical industry or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of excellence as evidenced by high impact, peer-reviewed publications
- Experience with cell line profiling, pathway signaling, understanding of genomic drivers and PD/predictive biomarkers, assay development, and compound profiling
- Thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment, detail-oriented, problem solver
- Highly self-motivated, collaborative, ability to work in a team with a high level of integrity and commitment to quality
- Excellent written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
Kestrel Therapeutics offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401k plan.
Kestrel Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Instructions about how to fill out form.