Associate Director, Biophysics & Structural Biology
At Kestrel our aspiration is to invent brilliant technologies and develop novel small molecule agents for cancer targets of exceptional scientific and clinical import, beginning with mutant RAS. Our reliance is on the rigorous application of innovative science in the service of the discovery of new medicines for people with cancer. Our priority is patients, always.
Kestrel is an oncology biotech start-up in its early stages of growth, having been in operation since January of 2022. We have excellent funding and, having moved into our new laboratory space in early 2023, are in the process of expanding our team.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to lead our Biophysics / Structural Biology function. The successful candidate will play a key role in establishing and directing biophysical and structural biology strategies to discover and optimize clinical candidates from hit identification through to IND submission of all of Kestrel’s oncology projects.
The successful candidate will assume the role of Associate Director of Biophysics & Structural Biology and will report directly to the Head of Biology.
- Design, execute, and analyze data from biophysical and biochemical studies to characterize small molecules using techniques such as, but not limited to, NMR, SPR, and TR-FRET
- Implement new instrumentation, methods, and assay workflows for hit-to-lead / lead optimization compound screening
- Manage internal and external research activities conducted by CROs / collaborators
- Prepare study reports for regulatory filings (e.g., IND)
- Work collaboratively with chemistry and biology colleagues to ensure timely generation and dissemination of critical program data to enable decision-making and milestone progression
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Ph.D. in biophysics, structural biology or related discipline
- 5+ years in the biotech / pharmaceutical industry
- Expertise in biophysical and structural biology methods to characterize small molecules and enable hit-to-lead / lead optimization and MOA studies
- Demonstrated success in working with challenging oncology drug targets
- Experience managing junior scientists, external CROs and collaborations
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience with protein production / purification a plus
Kestrel Therapeutics offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401k plan.
Kestrel Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Instructions about how to fill out form.