At Kestrel our aspiration is to invent brilliant technologies and develop novel small molecule agents for cancer targets of exceptional scientific and clinical import, beginning with mutant RAS. Our reliance is on the rigorous application of innovative science in the service of the discovery of new medicines for people with cancer. Our priority is patients, always.
Kestrel is an oncology biotech start-up in its early stages of growth, having been in operation since January of 2022. We have excellent funding and, having moved into our new laboratory space in early 2023, are in the process of expanding our team.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and organized Administrative Assistant to support our team in various administrative tasks. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in maintaining smooth office operations, assisting with project coordination, and providing administrative support to multiple departments within the company.
The successful candidate will assume the role of Administrative Assistant and will report to the Head of Operations and Administration.
- Calendar Management: Support senior leadership administratively with coordination and scheduling of internal and external meetings and assist with Talent Acquisition needs (onsite and virtual interviews).
- Office Administration: Manage daily office operational needs, with support to IT, Facilities, and other external vendors. Maintain a well-organized and efficient office environment.
- Travel Arrangements: Arrange travel logistics for team members, including flights, accommodations, and transportation, when needed.
- Document Management: Create and maintain documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, and support organizational system needs as company grows.
- Communication: Support facilitation of internal and external communication, including handling incoming and outgoing emails.
- Event Coordination: Assist in planning and coordinating company events, meetings, and workshops.
- Project Support: Provide administrative support to various departments as needed, which may include tracking project timelines and deliverables.
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven experience in administration and/or operations roles, preferably in a startup or fast-paced environment, familiarity with the biotech or scientific research industry is a plus
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise judgment and discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Kestrel Therapeutics offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401k plan.
Kestrel Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Fill out the form below and we will contact you.